We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Purchased vegetables in winter differ noticeably in taste and quality from summer ones. You can preserve all the useful properties of products by preserving them. One of the popular recipes is marinated zucchini with tomatoes. This appetizing appetizer will suit any dinner and will perfectly fit into the festive menu.
Is it possible to marinate zucchini with tomatoes for the winter
For long-term and high-quality storage of zucchini with tomatoes, you must follow these rules:
- The zucchini should be cut into pieces and blanched for five minutes.
- When choosing tomatoes, you should give preference to firm, fleshy and ripe fruits.
- Small zucchini and cherry tomatoes are perfect for a liter jar.
- There should not be a sharp change in temperature in the storage place of canned vegetables.
- Tomatoes must be chosen in the same size.
- When adding additional ingredients such as carrots and cucumbers to the salad, you should give preference to medium-sized fruits. Cucumbers, stored after plucking from the beds for 2-3 days, are poured with water for 5 hours.
You can give the salad an unusual and attractive look by adding bright vegetables like carrots, chili peppers, green onions, cucumbers, eggplants to it.
Preparation of containers and vegetables
It is recommended to use tomatoes of the same size and variety, otherwise large ones may not be salted. The color must also be the same. The best variety for a snack is cream and cherry. They are compact, fit into any container and have excellent taste.
Tomatoes must be firm, whole, without cracks and spots, otherwise juice or pulp will leak out. You should not oversaturate the dish with seasonings - this will impair the perception of taste.
Glass containers are cleaned of dirt, washed in soapy water, rinsed with warm water. For quick salting, vegetables are poured with boiling water and covered with ordinary plastic lids. With the quick pickling method, the jars are not sterilized or sealed with airtight lids.
How to cook tomatoes with zucchini
Delicate squash pulp is not subject to long-term processing. It can be preserved as an independent dish or supplemented with other ingredients.
For pickling, you should stock up on zucchini, tomatoes, parsley, dill, garlic, chili and ground black pepper, horseradish, salt, sugar. First of all, zucchini are stacked, then the rest of the vegetables and seasonings. The contents of the jar are poured with boiling marinade.
Simple blank recipe
The workpiece prepared according to this recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1-1.5 months. For pickling you will need:
- 1.5 kg of zucchini;
- 1.5 kg of tomatoes;
- 1 liter of water;
- 2 tbsp. l. salt;
- 4 tbsp. Sahara;
- 4 tbsp. vinegar essence;
- a few peas of pepper and cloves.
How to cook:
- Zucchini is washed, cut into slices, cutting the seed core - this will prevent seed germination and the formation of bitterness in the salted twist.
- Tomatoes are washed, inserted into zucchini rings, put into a container. Put a pot of water on the fire, boil it, pour it into a container.
- After 10 minutes, pour the marinade into a saucepan, boil again and pour back into the jar. The manipulation is repeated several more times.
- Next comes the line of sugar, salt, spices, vinegar. The salad is finally poured with brine, sent for sterilization and hermetically sealed.
After rolling, the twist is turned over and sent under a warm blanket for several days..
For those who do not like to waste time on sterilization, the following cooking option is suitable. To prepare the salad, you need to stock up on:
- zucchini 1.6 kg;
- tomatoes 1.6 kg;
- 1 bunch of parsley and dill;
- garlic cloves 4 pcs.;
- salt, sugar, 3 tbsp. l .;
- acetic acid 6 tbsp. l .;
- bay leaf and a few peppercorns.
- Vegetables are washed and peeled. Zucchini are cut into circles 10 mm thick, filled with water for several hours.
- The bottom of the sterilized container is covered with parsley, dill, bay leaves, pepper, pressed garlic.
- Next comes the turn of tomatoes and zucchini, after which they are poured with boiling water.
- After half an hour, return the water to the pan, add sugar and salt, boil, remove from heat and add vinegar essence.
- The brine is poured back into the container, rolled up.
Horseradish, cherry and currant leaves can be added to add a piquant taste to the curl.
The salad goes well with other vegetables like bell peppers. For cooking you will need:
- 1 liter of water;
- 1 bay leaf;
- 1.8 kg of zucchini;
- 10 pcs. cherry and currant leaves;
- 4 things. sweet, a few peas of allspice and black pepper;
- 1 bunch of dill;
- 3 tbsp. salt and sugar;
- 100 ml of acetic acid.
- Vegetables are washed, peeled. Zucchini are cut into rings 1.5 cm thick. Sweet peppers are cut into quarters.
- The bottom of the container is covered with spices, herbs, zucchini, peppers.
- Boil water in a saucepan, dissolve salt, add vinegar, pour a jar.
The containers are sterilized for half an hour on low heat, after which they are rolled up.
Multi-colored assorted for the winter
You can add brightness and originality to the workpiece by adding other ingredients to tomatoes and zucchini.
What is necessary:
- 1 kg cherry;
- 500 g zucchini;
- 500 g of cucumbers;
- 1 bunch of dill and parsley;
- horseradish 2 pcs.;
- half chili, allspice and black pepper, a few peas each;
- 5 garlic cloves;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 2 tbsp. salt and sugar;
- 40-50 ml of vinegar essence.
How to do:
- Washed, peeled, chopped vegetables are placed in a jar, spices and herbs are added.
- Boil water in a saucepan, pour into containers, cover with lids. Drain the marinade, add vinegar, boil and pour back into the bottle.
- Seal cans hermetically.
Turn the container over, send it under a warm blanket.
Storage rules for the finished product
Storage containers should be compact, the room should be cold and well ventilated. This can be a room like a cellar, storage room, or basement. In the refrigerating chamber, the twist is stored no longer than 30-40 days.