We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Melon Cinderella is a high-yielding plant that can form berries even with minimal maintenance and unfavorable conditions. What other advantages does the berry have?
An early ripening variety, the fruiting of which occurs 70–75 days after germination. Bushes are medium-sized, medium-growing. The leaf plates are large, slightly dissected.
The Cinderella variety has a high immunity to diseases of melons, tolerates drought and moderate frosts well. The main disadvantages of this type are short shelf life and poor tolerance for long-distance transportation.
Oval fruits are covered with a thin pale yellow skin. The surface of the berries is covered with a white mesh. With proper care, melons weigh 1.2–1.4 kg. In some cases, the fruits grow up to 2–2.5 kg. The flesh of a rich melon flavor is moderately sweet and very juicy. The smell is intense. The core is colored white, which changes to light green closer to the peel.
Melons are suitable for fresh consumption, making desserts, preserves.
Cinderella melons are sown at the end of April - the first half of May, when the soil warms up to +16 ⁰С. Planting is carried out on a sunny garden bed where potatoes, cabbage, and legumes grew last year. It is not recommended to plant in the same place or where the pumpkin grew. The landing pattern is 140x60 cm.
Large seeds are selected from the purchased or collected material, placed in a container and poured with a weak solution of potassium permanganate. The processing process takes place in the following order:
- After an hour, the seeds are washed and spread on a cloth.
- The bag is immersed in warm water and soaked for 12 hours. Every 5 hours, the seeds are removed from the container for ventilation.
- After finishing the treatment, the seeds are laid out on a slightly damp cloth and left in a warm place until sprouts appear.
- To prevent the material from drying out, the bookmark is regularly sprayed with warm water from a spray bottle.
The site for planting varieties of Cinderella melons begins to be prepared in the fall. To do this, a thin layer of humus is laid out on the garden bed, and then a deep digging is carried out by turning the earthen coma over. Consumption of organic matter 3-4 kg per 1 sq. m beds.
How to grow seedlings?
Melon seeds are sown in the second half of April. Small peat pots or cups filled with a mixture of earth, rotted manure, and ash are used as a container for growing. The containers are covered with foil and placed on a sunny windowsill.
Plants are planted in a permanent place after the formation of 3-5 leaves or 30–35 days after planting. In the central and northern regions of the country, where weather conditions are very different from room conditions, melon seedlings are hardened. A week before disembarkation, the boxes are taken out daily, gradually increasing the time spent outdoors.
Melons are planted in shallow furrows, the bottom of which is spilled with water and sprinkled with humus. The seedlings are removed from the containers, placed in an upright position in a recess and covered with soil. Young plants are watered again and, if necessary, covered with a film overnight.
There is an opinion that it is rather difficult to care for melons. This statement does not apply to the Cinderella variety. In order for a cultivated plant to grow normally, it needs a minimum of care. So, berry care should include such simple garden manipulations as watering, feeding, pinching, loosening. Agrotechnics:
- Melons love to grow in slightly damp soil. Depending on the climate of the growing region, water is applied under the bushes 1 or 2 times a week. It is not recommended to increase the frequency of watering at your own discretion, since due to high humidity, melons suffer from rot and diseases of the fungal breed.
- Cinderella melons are fed every 10 days. Solutions of complex mineral fertilizers or organic substances are used as nutrient mixtures. During the period of active growth, fertilizers with a high nitrogen content are applied, and the period of setting and pouring fruits - potassium and phosphorus.
- To stimulate the plant to form shoots, pinch off the tip of the central conductor. Extra ovaries are also removed, leaving only 5–7 pieces.
- The soil is loosened after the introduction of water and heavy rainfall. The depth of loosening during the growth of the green mass is 15 cm, the formation of fruits is 10 cm. Weed plants are pulled out immediately after their appearance.
Angelina, 47 years old: “I grew the Cinderella variety last year. I really liked the taste of these berries, both me and my family. I will plant it next year as well. I recommend".
Marina, 41 years old: “The variety was not impressed with anything. The taste is ordinary, sweet, and the yield is average. There are better varieties. "
Alexander, 52 years old: “After I tasted a melon of this variety from a neighbor, I decided to plant a plant in my own area. The bushes were pleased with their unpretentiousness and high yield. I will definitely plant some more. "
Lilia, 39 years old: “I started gardening 2 years ago. The first variety of melons that was planted on the site was the Cinderella variety. The bushes pleased me with their compact appearance, unpretentiousness and fragrant, sweet berries. "
Have you grown the Cinderella melon variety? Was the description attached to the plant confirmed? Please leave feedback so that gardeners do not regret their choice.